Our client is an iconic, family owned and operated business of over 17 years. It is a unique business that is a Bucket List destination for anyone on the Sunshine Coast or passing through and it is now time for them to welcome an experienced and passionate Head Chef to their expanding and vibrant team!
With exciting new ideas, our client is seeking a driven, creative, enthusiastic and dedicated Head Chef to lead and collaborate with their team and business. This is an amazing opportunity for someone wanting to excel their career and work with a unique restaurant that believes in your ability as much as you believe in theirs.
Working with a well-known Sunshine Coast restaurant you’ll be sure to have heads turning with your new employment. You will have a large involvement with all staff within the business to work collaboratively with front of house, back of house and management to bring new ideas to their already famous menu. There are also opportunities for you to expand your knowledge and flare into functions and an expanding kitchen. It is important that you maintain their already great working culture and are able to bring the best out in people. This is a hands on role so we are looking for someone who isn’t afraid to do both Management and Chef Duties.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Implement structure and work with existing cohesive policies and procedures
- Drive an expanding kitchen and opportunity to offer functions
- Enhancing menus
- Training staff
- Organising daily preparation
- Improve efficiencies
- Ensure clear communication and respect between front of house and back of house staff
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for this position, you must meet the following criteria:
- Hold a Certificate III in Commercial Cookery or higher
- Hold Food Safety Certificates
- Have recent experience in a similar position
- Proven leadership abilities with a flexible management style
- Ability to train, nurture and communicate with staff and management
- Ability to write and implement new structure and procedures
- Have high attention to detail to the product and the presentation
- Full availability especially weekends
- Be looking for a long term career option to grow and teach with the business
If you feel you hold the right experience and skills, please apply now for immediate consideration.
Job Reference: 200000698_1574053951
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP